We can’t wait to see you at the European Film Market! We so wish it was in person, but we are making the best of the online world.
One whole year has passed since DAE’s foundation meeting during the European Film Market in 2020. Filled with optimism, we hope the EFM Online 2021 might be one of the last major markets to happen online only during the pandemic. We can only hope for sunnier DAEs and the possibility to meet and talk in in person in the summer.
Still, the EFM’s schedule is jam-packed with documentary offerings! We’ve also used this chance to schedule some events you can access without a market badge. Check out the EFM website for more info.
We are very happy also to launch a new partnership with the DPA: Documentary Producers Alliance. Register for the members mixer below!
Members: see you at the General Assembly, scheduled for March 8. Highlights will include the advisory board elections and the launch of our first resources for the documentary community.
Good luck to all with films in the various programs and competitions, to those participating in Berlinale Talents or the Co-Production Market, and all hosting events, making meetings, and trying to survive and thrive under trying circumstances!
Brigid & Marion
Berlinale events exclusive for members:
DAE / DPA Members Mixer
DPA: Documentary Producers Alliance is a four year old advocacy group for documentary producers. We are joining forces on the occasion of the EFM to organize a members mixer for both organisations. Grow your network, find new collaboration partners and have some fun. Join our Berlinale Members Mixer! We wish we could book you a big table in a restaurant, we’ll have to save this for 2022! March 4, 18:00 – 20:00 CET.
Save the Date: General Assembly
We are looking forward to greet you at our General Assembly planned for March 8, 15:00 – 18:00 CET. Invitations have been sent by email. Please contact Marion if you haven’t received one or you’d like to add points to the agenda.
Open to all folks:
DAE’s Lonely Doc Club
This is a fun speed-dating hangout to meet new colleagues and catch up at the beginning of the new year. You can share your projects, your slate, your festival or your heart. The Lonely Doc Club is here to help you connect with your friends and make new ones. All welcome. Use the same link for both events here.
- Tuesday March 2, 19:00 – 20:00 CET
- Thursday March 4, 11:00 – 12:00 CET
Book an individual consultation
If you’d like a 25 minute one-on-one with DAE to discuss your challenges, get inspired or have some tailored feedback, we’re offering two slots with DAE members. Book an appointment here.
- Monday March 1, 10:00 – 12:00 CET
- Tuesday March 2, 15:00 – 17:00 CET
Documentary activities at the EFM:
Networking and knowledge transfer
- Check out the Mix and Mingle sessions. Just like every year during doc salon, you can meet festival programmers or attend expert round tables. Check out the full programme in the events schedule.
- Archive Day is back on March 2! Scroll to the bottom of the page for more info or check out two discussions; The Latest Buzz in Archival Research (10:00 CET) and Unlocking the Mysteries of Archives (15:30 CET).
- Don’t forget to join Berlinale Talents Doc Station Presentation for fresh new projects. March 4, 14:00 CET.
Fascinating discussions and insights into discourse
- Who frames the Narrative: Shifting the Paradigm: Comprising two fireside chats, these conversations will delve into one of the most prominent questions in the documentary field of late: who has the right to tell whose stories and perspectives, and who has the right to frame the perspectives and narratives of marginalized groups. March 2, 17:30 CET.
- The Restorative Image: from Impact to Healing: Featuring a case study from the Berlinale as well as experienced industry experts, this conversation will address the ways in which film can, beyond the” feel good factor” or even social impact, mediate healing for the benefit of audiences from marginalized groups. With: Leena Minifie, Inuka Bacote, Tracey Deer, David Ninh and Heitor Augusto. March 5, 14:00 CET.
In the news:
- Check out the latest interview from Business Doc Europe!
- Marion & Brigid were interviewed for the IDFA Daily here.
- If you’re a documentary consultant and you would like to join our directory, please complete the form here.