Who are we?
DAE acts and advocates for everyone working in documentary storytelling professions inside and outside of Europe.
We are almost six hundred from across the world and documentary sector.
Not just an advocacy group. Grow your network; access the market and up-to-date resources; save hundreds of Euros per year and contribute to a better industry.
Your membership fee grants you access to:
- Great discounts and delegations to markets such as: Marché du film, EFM, IDFA, DOK Leipzig, Sheffield Doc Fest, Sunny Side of the Doc and many more. You save hundreds of euros per year via DAE membership.
- Members-only stands, dedicated meeting spaces, exclusive meetup and programming at these events. Great orientation for newcomers and veterans together!
- Unprecendented access to the international market via our partnerships with organisations like the DPA and IDA as well as our members!
- Access expert consultation at our Off-the-Record seminars and Ask Me Anything sessions and develop your projects in our Story Room.
- A competence hub in the login area: members directory to access your colleagues, video library, and a blackboard with special offers like codes for fee waivers and jobs.
- We also give back. Free festival, market and training calendars for all.
- A space for open dialogue that is intersectional on many levels. We are having hard conversations in Brussels and Strasbourg on our members’ behalf.
- We collect and publish relevant, accurate and impactful data on European documentary films and the professionals who create them to influence and drive dialogue on a political and economic level. Don’t forget to check out our legal blog too.
Admin & Executive Assistant
Our Members come from all over the world. We don’t mind where you live or what passports you carry. DAE members pitch in European markets, participate in training initiatives, co-produce with European partners, show films at European festivals, attend European film schools or produce work intended for European audiences.
Should you join DAE?
- DAE members all aspire to or are working in an international context and wish to have an international network.
- They represent all links of the audiovisual chain. Filmmakers, producers, editors, sound artists, commissioning editors, DOPs, sales agents, festival workers, programmers, curators, academics, journalists, students and film lovers.
- They have a vested interest in keeping a healthy momentum and maximum visibility for non-fiction filmmaking, especially those who want to expand their network beyond their national borders.
- They are professionals who believe in a fair and fruitful non-fiction market in Europe.
- Some of us are new talents making their first steps in the industry, while others are also Oscar- and EFA-winning professionals with hundreds of years of experience between them.
- They believe in intergenerational dialogue and mutual exchange is a key to creating a sustainable future.
- DAE is an anti-racist, feminist and intersectional association.