another week of social isolation draws to a close, and a long weekend in Europe is apon us. We are thinking of everyone who is in a caretaking role either with children at home while juggling their professional obligations, or with elderly friends and family only reachable via online chats or telephone.
Don’t forget you can still sign up for Friday Hangouts by email (email@example.com) or register for an online consultation here.
In the meantime, here are some links and news from Europe and around the world for you.
- Here is a recording a conference between Meeting Point – Vilnius & Creative Europe Desk Lithuania, in cooperation with CPH:DOX, Independent Cinema Office and European Film Forum on organising online film festivals. (2 hour discussion, via Kino Pavasaris)
- And this short read on filmmakers‘ perspectives on participating (or not) in online festivals. (via Variety)
- How about Jean-Luc Godard on instagram live, this one is in French. (via Revista Marienbad)
- What does Utopia look like? Imagined futures for female migrants. (via CNN)
- Sunny Side of the Doc also now an online edition, you can still submit projects for a discounted fee and purchase accreditations for a flat fee of 200 €.
- And finally, this podcast with documentary friend and Head of International Competition at Go Short Film Festival Mathieu Janssen. (via Talking Shorts)