Free digital passes for Cannes Docs for DAE members participating in the Co-Pro Speed Meetings!
here we are, another week down. May has been so busy, we’ve been at Dok.Fest Munich and HotDocs, we are preparing for Docs Barcelona, Krakow, Cannes and Sunny Side in the next month, and in conversation with many stakeholders about the second half of 2020 and the affect this crisis will have on it. We are watching and listening eagle-eyed to see what will happen with Nordisk Panorama, DOK Leipzig, Jihlava and of course, IDFA. Cinemas might be opening up, but when oh when will we have the opportunity for face to face exchange!?
Next week we will share the first outcomes from the Friday Hangouts. Stay tuned!
Keep safe, keep sane, keep on fighting documentary gang!
New offers for members:
Save the date! Cannes Docs 22-26 June:
- More programming will be announced soon, but DAE members can access the Cannes Docs platform FREE OF CHARGE by participating in the new Cannes Docs Co-Pro Speed Meetings! Projects in development and early stages of production, selected from the highest-quality markets and from the Fabrique du Cinema, an initiative of Institut Français, will be available for speed dates. Meet new projects and expand your network in this intimate setting. We can’t wait! Email email@example.com for a fee waiver.
Discount on your Sheffield Doc/Fest Online Pass:
- Your digital Sheffield Doc/Fest industry pass gives you access to content from June 8 all the way to November. Pitches, watch new documentaries in the doc.player and streamed discussions all summer are just some of the offerings. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and details here.
For everyone else:
Talks, Discussions, Experts:
- Every Thursday our dear partners B2B Doc are doing informative discussions on different non-fiction subjects. This week network members Brigid O’Shea and Zane Balčus took part! You can access the platform via their facebook. Join the group if you haven’t already!
- Tonight is the final Rough Cut Service discussions, with Jordan Berg, Claudio Hughes and Jakob Kirstein Hogel. They are free for DAE members. More information here.
Other opportunities / inspiration:
- You can still send us projects for Kickstarter. Deadline extended to Friday May 29.
- What about another beautiful short film from The Guardian? Our Iranian Lockdown.
- Network member Tanja Georgieva-Waldhauer is selected for EFP Producers on the Move Read her profile here!
- New and confusing ways for documentaries to qualify for the Oscars.
- If you’re a documentary consultant and you would like to join our directory, please complete the form here.
- Submit before May 27 for Locarno’s the Films After Tomorrow.
- Baltic Sea Docs and Nordisk Forum now looking for projects!